Chimpanzee Movement Study Session 1

Tuesday 14th April 2015

Session Review

During the events of this session as the title defines I begun to research the movements of apes starting with the chimpanzee. My sudden interest in ape the movement was during my time cresting my goblin and troll mood board and I began to imagine would a slender goblin living in a cave move similar to an ape with their arms outstretched.

Furthermore, after browsing YouTube for video clips of chimpanzees freely walking around an enclosure or in a wild habitat I found one particular video of a female chimpanzee exploring outside her enclosure. The ape displayed a series of animations such as an idle cautious stance where she checked for any danger climbing over the fence. Additionally,  I have pondered on creating various other movements from these observations such as running, walking and climbing.

I instead decided to focus primarily on her walk cycle and began drawing a series of rough pencil sketches also using my existing human walk cycles as a reference for limb transitions.




Reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4EPqZ_gFRA

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation