2d Orc Walk and Attack

Saturday 25th April 2015

Session Review

I have successfully managed to complete a 2d attack cycle which originally I started to roughly sketch on the train on the eighteenth of April. As the final deadline date draws near the pressure is on to create more animations to add up to my safe time target of twenty-one seconds and thankfully the use of sprite sheets as a reference for  animations have become useful one again.

For this particular spite, I copied the leg movement of my 2d goblin walk cycle; however, I had to think about the weight of his shield and sword so the knees were slightly bent similar to my heavy walk; however, unlike the goblin walk cycle this was not going to be a twenty-five frame walk instead, I complete these characters walk at frame thirteen and used a sprite sheet named Buster.S from the Super Nintendo game Knights of the Round to follow as a guide to finish my animation cycle by having the Orc swing his sword.

Buster.S attack cycle reference
Towards the end of the session, I began the creation of a sprite sheet of a figure slowly raising their fists in the air and then slamming them down towards the ground. The reason in creating a sprite sheet animation instead of another hand-drawn version is simply because hand-drawn animations can be time-consuming and when asked to create a collection of human animations that overall must add up to no less than twenty seconds it can be quite tedious.

Overall I came to the realization that a method of me bulking up my final renders is to create and complete at least two lip syncs with royalty-free audio lasting for a duration of five or six seconds.

References

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/knightsround/sheet/16460/

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation