2d Animation Refinement and Rendering

Wednesday 29th April 2015

Session Review

Final kick render by Sebastian Jones
During today’s session I am simply digitising my hand drawn frames and increasing the quality of the scanned images in Adobe Photoshop CC. In addition the kick animations that I drew on Sunday’s session I have had to repeat frame one, twice at the end. The reason for this is because as the character kicks and then slowly brings his leg down there was must be a pause long enough for the eye to notice he has rested from his action.

I have to repeat frames for the spear throw animation as well. In addition, the spear throw animation is my first attempt at trying to create anticipation as I mentioned in Mondays log.

Goblin cave painting spear throw by  Sebastian Jones


I have also created another version of the spear throw attempting to bring in different visual styles such as placing a cave wall photograph underneath each spear frame. The reason for this is because the art style of the spear throw illustration looks visually similar to most cave paintings and I thought it the animation would look excellent over a cave wall and give the illusion of it being a goblin cave painting.


References

https://squirrelandpear.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/dsc09472.jpg


By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation