Week Seven: Maya Introduction

Thursday 16th Febuary 2015

Session Review

After a brief introduction to the lesson by my lecturer and viewing my lip sync animation the feedback I received for my own lip-sync animation was naturally to further develop the animation by animating the eyes and eyebrows.

Continuing from the viewing of lip-sync animations, the Maya tutorial simply covered the basic tools featured in Maya 2014. The reason for the class using last year’s version of Maya is because the lecturer explained that in Maya 2015 they have moved certain tools and changed the layout to appeal to both Macs and PCs desktops.

Furthermore, after downloading the rigged human 3d models and opening theme in Maya 2014 I noticed that the model titled Boney was very similar to the rigged biped I used for my final college animation. The only major differences being that this model Boney featured no facial features; however, after browsing through Maya on my own and playing around with the tools I noted down and drew each of the tools I would  be using for future reference. While using Maya and attempting to animate Boney I gradually found Mayas interface and system of capturing frames to be very similar to my brief animating experiences in 3d Studio Max 2013.

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation