Week Four: Character Development Final Session

Wednesday 11th March 2015

Session Review

C
Final angry walk By Sebastian Jones
ontinuing from the previous session I converted all of my frames for Monty into a GIF to observe the frame rate and how he walked and I must say I was disappointing.

Moreover, after a wasted effort on attempting to draw the legs over the drawing of Monty, I proceeded to stop working on what I was  currently doing and restart drawing  each frame this time  using what I had learned in character and characterization  and past experience to empathize and get a feel for the character and then sketch his movements.


The new animation was significantly improved; however, still was not accurate or look like a natural angry walk. Nevertheless, I proceeded to browse the internet for angry walk cycle reference images. In particular, I discovered an excellent 2d walk cycle  which I proceeded to use as a guide and draw each fame, which helped me correct mistakes such as which arms to shade since I had moved each arm in the wrong direction originally which was the answer to why the animation looked unnatural.



After the improvements to the walk cycle were completed I proceeded to make an alternate version using the characters Monty’s head which I drew featuring his hair, eyes and another head shape. The detailed version also looks excellent; however, the head rocks back and forth like his head is unstable. Overall I have created an excellent walk cycle and it was very tedious, yet enjoyable I look forward to the time I can use to ad his cloths and further improve this walk cycle.


References

http://www.fjasmin.net/walk_cycle_tutorial/index.html

http://www.angryanimator.com/tut/pic/002_walkcycle/wlk08.gif


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4d/02/3a/4d023a42a14539e363d55cbe2c21cb5b.jpg

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation