Week 1 Task Human Walk Cycle Study

Sunday 8th February 2015 last updated at 13:41pm

Study

Edward Muybridges 1887
Similar to Edward Muybridges who used a technique knows as Freeze Frame to study of human and animal locomotion I will be studying a series of photographs of a walking cycle to gain a deeper perception of the the human movement in particular my own.

Frame 11 Passing Pose
After successfully importing the footage into Adobe photoshop and converting them into frames I have deleted a large quantity of the footage since according to the number of frame sin Edward Muybridges animation displayed and the Animators Survival Kit a Slow Step human animation is 24 frames long meaning the human would travel by one step a second which is satisfactory for my taste.

After strategically observing my walk twenty eight frame walk cycle I have come to the conclusion that frame eleven is the passive pose because that is the point in the footage where left leg rise up and my body prepares to switch tot eh right leg.

References

Smithsonian Institution (Friday 20th September 2013). Freeze Frame: Edward Muybridge's Photography of Motion. [ONLINE] Available at: http://americanhistory.si.edu/muybridge/. [Last Accessed Sunday 8th February 2015].

By Sebastian Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2d Orc Sword Slash

Red Hulk Run Cycle Revisit

Max Upper Cut Animation